Not a lot of stitching around here lately— I’ve played with a bunch of stuff but not a lot of progress:
- I picked up Laura J. Perin’s Miniature Bearclaw for two days. I could only do two days because who’d have thought that a size 22 needle + canvas would cause hand pain! I got this far:
- I started Pine Mountain Designs’ Feb 2014 Special Delivery… the piece of fabric is so small that I don’t have a hoop that fits it- I find working without one isn’t my thing!
- Seriously, that’s it! I have stashed a lot of projects- all the fabric, thread, beads for each project- but no plans to start on any of it yet. I’m just in a Stitching Funk.
But I have been knitting up a storm though!
- I’m almost done with my mom’s “Tamdou.” This was the first knitting class I ever took, and I’m so happy I did; I’ve learned so much just from this project. My goal was to complete it and block it this month- I didn’t get there, but I’m close (Blergh! So many ends to weave in soon!)
- I also started a shawl with colors my niece picked out: “Debut” by Katiuscia Bayslak (free on Raverly). AND I just received more yarn for another shawl for her: “Jack of Hearts” from Sarah Vance Designs (inspired by TV show When Calls the Heart—I’m obsessed with it right now).
- Last night I started a baby blanket for a family member for her first birthday- “Pine Forest Baby Blanket” by Ingrid Aartun (also free on Ravelry). I’m using Berroco Vintage in colorway Macaron! Isn’t that a yummy name?! This one also needs to be done in 18 days! I had to make my own notes for this pattern as it was kinda hard to understand it at first (for me); so as it’s a free pattern.
So that’s all that’s going on here. Bilbo and Belle are enjoying the crazy weather (70s in January?!)- a lot sun napping on those days. If it’s not going to snow, I’m ready for Spring!