I’ve already posted how my threads turned out on my last post. My fabric is out of the oven and ironed and is already being kitted up for a small autumnal project:
This was originally a PTP fabric in Dill that was wayyyyy too orange than the picture on 123stitch showed (which has been happening to me a lot with fabric lately). I love the black spots the coffee made and the orange-dampening the tea did. I am planning on getting some walnut crystals to dye more of my own fabric- I like the primitive/old look. Going to stitch on this one soon- picking out my colors now (“A Pumpkin of My Own,” by The Sampler Girl)!
Trying my hand at coffee dyeing – fabric and two DMC threads I don’t like for two upcoming projects. Fingers crossed!
Update: The coffee wasn’t really working, so I’m now soaking them in very strong bergamot black tea. Seems to be working better so far!
Good morning, stitchers!
Early this morning I finished Mary:
I added a pop of color with her blouse and the bird with DMC 927 (which is part of the whole series’ color palette).
I also backstitched the bird’s beak instead of a full cross stitch as it was patterned.
I’m so happy with how it turned out. So on to Number 3 in the series!
Hello all, and happy Friday!
I’ve finally made some progress on “Mary.” The colors are perfect for Fall.
I also have a new start. When I didn’t have the desire to stitch on the Dear Diary project, I brought out Summer House Stitche Workes’ “Sophia.” Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE owls. I have so many owl decorations in my house already, but when I saw this, I needed to stitch it. I paired it with lovely sparkly fabric, too. I frogged so much on this one oak leaf that I went back to stitching on Mary the next day. Sometimes you just NEED a new start.
I’m ready for a well deserved relaxing weekend with tons of stitching and Bilbo/Belle cuddling. I also have a bunch of new stash coming in today and tomorrow (from some serious shopping therapy), so I’m looking forward to unwrapping my new cross stitch goodies. I hope your weekend is as bright and happy too! Happy stitching!
Joy and motivating are the only words I can come up with to describe stitching this. I used all the called for DMC threads, and I used 28 ct Lambswool linen.
Well it’s time to clean up this project and set up for the second: Mary Heaton, 1878.
Stay safe in this weather, and happy stitching!